Thursday, November 5, 2009

Marked in Stone

We got the phone call that Landon's burial plot was in on Tuesday. I had to have surgery that day so we waited to see it today. (I had to have surgery due to my body not healing correctly after having Landon.)

I thought of this day a lot. It seems as the final process of the funeral. But to our dismay the burial plot is wrong. They left off the angel in the lower corner and the sparrow at the top. I was upset due to it being wrong and then seeing my baby's name in stone.

When we found out we were having a boy, Travis and I spent long nights in the dark talking about what we were going to name our new little boy. We included friends and family on the name quest. Once we would come up with a "possible" name I would write the monogram down and see what it would look like. Several did not pass the monogram test! We picked Landon's name out because we both loved the name and it went well with my Daddy's name! Yes, I am a Daddy's girl! So we came up with Landon Thomas. We never got to see his monogram on anything, except for the paper I scribbled on. Never thought the next time I would see my baby's name would be on his burial plot.

It is so heart breaking in every way. I don't have any other words to describe the feeling.

They are replacing the plot but it will take another 4-6 weeks. It is still beautiful because it is my son's resting place. I have spent many hours on many days out there. It brings peace and comfort knowing that is our special place.


 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to believe that so much time has already passed. The plot is beautiful and I love the attention you show Landon, I see the lights you put up and the decorations that will now become a part of your family tradition to go see Landon and decorate his "nursery" for each holiday and season.
    Happy Fall Landon!

    ReplyDelete